Candidates in the WTPC grant receive outstanding preparation from the Educational Leadership faculty.
- Small class sizes
- Mentoring and close relationships with professors
- NCATE accredited School of Education
Candidates participate in a coaching program to develop their strengths
- Academic (cognitive) coaching training for all participants to prepare principals to lead the learning process in their schools with teachers.
- Candidates serve as coaches to one another as well as receive mentoring from practicing principals.
Candidates have an Individual Training Plan built through self-assessments to guide them in their personal and professional development.
West Texas Principal Center
State Certification Test TE x ES
Candidates are provided in-depth small group tutorials for the state exam and are above the state average in passing rate with 100% passing!
West Texas Principal Center Candidates participate in Leadership Institutes to address priority needs of districts
Area superintendents on our Advisory Council identified Data analysis as a priority skill area needed by effective principals
- Candidates in the program analyze state standardized test reports
- Candidates present mock presentations to School Board or Superintendent's Council explaining their school data
Bilingual Conference - WTPC is a sponsor of the annual Bilingual Conference, focusing on cultural proficiency and meeting the needs of our diverse student population.